Board of Trustees Meeting
Monday, March 9, 2020
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
Call to Order. The meeting was called to order at 6:01 by Jill Cali. Other board members present were DeeDee Feeney, Ruth Gerbig, Matt Lensiegne, and Kathy Bray. Others in attendance were Kim Riley, interim library director, Mike Morgan, Marion Township Trustee and Laura Glunt.
Call for Quorum. A quorum was achieved, with attendance as noted above.
Reading and Approval of Minutes. The minutes of the February 10, 2020 Board of Trustees meeting were reviewed and approved as written. Jill moved to be approved, Matt seconded. Motion passed.
Reading and of the Financial Report. Matt reported receipts of $18603.57 and expenditures of $14928.35 the previous report.
Approval of the Bills. After review, Matt moved and Ruth seconded a motion to approve the financial report and the approval of the bills. The motion passed.
Interim Director’s Report.
- Maintenance Issues
- Sound system will be going to Kokomo
- The new server and WiFi system is up and running.
- Lego club had 7 in attendance
- Brenda Garrod led a hand and body scrub class with 8 participants.
- Easter Bunny April 4th 9:30-11:30-Pictures for $1.
- Brenda will start a crochet class the 3rd Monday of each month at 6pm.
- Movie showings $445 a year. – To be discussed at another meeting after we hear about the sound system.
- Other: The First Farmers Bank approached us to see if we would move our account over to their bank. – Kim is going to go to Farmers Bank and see if they will match or beat the rate The First Farmers Bank is offering.
- Kim talked to Coke to see if we could get a machine in the Library. $1.75 per Coke. We
will receive a 20% commission off the Cokes. We are not responsible for any part of the machine. Kathy moved we have a Coke machine, Matt seconded. The motion passed.
- Kim read the new resolution for electronic transfers. Ruth moved we sign the resolution, Matt seconded. Motion passed.
Committee Reports. None presented for review
Communications. None presented for review
Unfinished Business. Marion Township – Mike Morgan and Jill Cali signed the contract and we received the check for $1000. This will be given every year for children of Marion Township who attend the Sheridan Community School system to have access to the Library. This will be a 5-year deal beginning March 2020.
Kim would like to have a policy on how much can be spent without Board approval. Kim will come back with a number that seems appropriate.
- Discussed attending a bond informational webinar.
Old Business. None presented for review
Public Input. No public input presented
Adjournment. Jill adjourned the meeting at 7:05pm.
Next Board Meeting: Monday, April 13, 2020