Board of Trustees
Regular Monthly Meeting Monday August 16, 2021
Call to Order: Matt Lenseigne, the board president, called the meeting to order at 6:07. Board members in attendance were DeeDee Feeney, Loretta Sutherland, Laura Glunt, Ruth Gerbig, and Kathy Bray. Others in attendance were Kim Riley, the library director.
Call for Quorum: Quorum was met.
Reading and Approval of Minutes: Approved as read.
Reading and Approval of Financial Report: Claims $97,432.96 , Receipts $17,991.06
Approval of Bills: Matt moved to approve the financial report, Loretta seconded the report. Motion passed.
Report of the Director
- Maintenance issues – $4940 bid for the parking lot resealing. The air Conditioner motor went out and had to be repaired. Elwood Fire came out to test fire extinguishers. They recommended an update on our fire alarm to make it cellular. The bill to replace it is $1400, and includes one year of monitoring. The annual monitoring fee is $435. DeeDee moved to move forward with this. Loretta seconded the motion. The motion passed.
- Programming updates – Circulation was up by 100 for July mainly in e-content.
Programming updates are attached to the minutes.
- Beanstack is the new online reading program we will be using. We will go live
with this on November 1st.
Committee Reports – none
Communications – none
- Movie licensing/Audio Visual – We received the movie licensing.
- Bond issue (tabled until Spring 2022)
- Land- We discussed letting the planning commission know that we would like to buy the 2 acres beside us. The next meeting is Thursday night at 7:00. Loretta is going to talk to the planning commission president about our desire to buy the land.
- Board vacancy: We discussed a few options for our empty role.
- Board Election for Vice President: Kathy made a motion that Ruth be the Vice President to fill Jill Cali’s position. DeeDee seconded the motion.
- Budget: There will be a public meeting on September 13th prior to the regular meeting, and then on October 4th we will have our adoption meeting.
Kim is requesting to reduce the 2021 budget by $44884.00 for the operating fund and $20,000.00 for the rainy day fund.
Ruth motioned to approve the above, Kathy seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- E-Rate Resolution – DeeDee motion to join the Indiana State Consortium, Laura seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- Electronic meeting policy- A member can meet electronically if they can be seen and heard and may still vote. There still must be 4 members in the building. Every member received a copy of the policy.
Laura moved to pass this policy, Loretta seconded it. Motion passed.
Meeting adjourned at 7:35
Next meeting September 13, 2021