Public Hearing for the 2022 Budget
6:00 pm – Monday, Sept.13, 2021
Board of Trustees
Regular Monthly Meeting Monday September 13, 2021
Call to Order: Ruth Gerbig, the board vice president, called the Public Hearing for the review of the 2022 Sheridan Library Budget to order at 6:00. Board members in attendance were DeeDee Feeney, Loretta Sutherland, Laura Glunt, and Kathy Bray. Others in attendance were Kim Riley, the library director. – No public was in attendance. Meeting was adjourned at 6:02.
Call to Order: Ruth Gerbig, the board vice president, called to order at 6:02. Board members in attendance were DeeDee Feeney, Loretta Sutherland, Laura Glunt, Matt Lenseigne, and Kathy Bray. Others in attendance were Kim Riley, the library director.
Call for Quorum: Quorum was met
Reading and Approval of Minutes: Minutes were approved as read.
Reading and Approval of Financial Report: Total Receipts $18,197.67
Total Claims $23,142.38: motioned to approve was made by Loretta. Kathy seconded.
Approval of Bills: Loretta Sutherland motioned to approve, Kathy seconded.
Bills were approved.
Report of the Director
- Maintenance issues: Parking lot was finished, community room was painted. Chairs will be cleaned September 29. Carpet cleaning will take place October 9.
- Programming updates: Updates will be attached to these minutes.
- BeanStack is now live. We will advertise after all are trained on the program.
- Library Minutes: We are required to have these microfilmed and stored in the Indiana Archives. Kim will send them digitally.
Committee Reports: none
- Bond issue (tabled until Spring 2022)
- Land: Discussed the land. Loretta let the planning committee, and the builder know that the Library would like the 2 acres. She said we would buy it if we had to, but would love it donated.
- Board vacancy: School board is voting on a new appointee representative for the school board.
- Internet use policy (annual review): Nothing has changed. DeeDee motioned to accept the policy, Kathy seconded. Motion carried.
- Policy updates: Kim will revise and bring back to the board.
- Resignation: Matt Lenseigne announced he will need to resign as of October 4th. We discussed new members.
Public Input: No public input.
Meeting adjourned at 7:01.