Adoption Meeting for the 2022 Budget
6:00 pm – Monday, Oct. 4, 2021
Call to Order: Ruth Gerbig called to order the budget meeting at 6:00. Those in attendance were DeeDee Feeney, Loretta Sutherland, Kathy Bray, Laura Glunt, and Alicia Hollingsworth.
DeeDee Feeney made the motion to approve the budget and salary schedule as presented. Kathy Bray seconded the motion and the motion carried.
Meeting was adjourned at 6:06.
Board of Trustees
Regular Monthly Meeting Monday October, 2021
Call to Order: Ruth Gerbig, the board vice president, called the meeting to order 6:06. Board members in attendance were DeeDee Feeney, Loretta Sutherland, Alicia Hollingsworth, Laura Glunt (via zoom), and Kathy Bray. Others in attendance were Kim Riley (via zoom), the library director and Floyd Barker.
Call for Quorum: Quorum was met.
Introduction of new board members: Floyd Barker and Alicia Hollingsworth introduced themselves. Floyd will be officially starting his term tomorrow.
Reading and Approval of Minutes: Minutes were approved as read.
Reading and Approval of Financial Report: Receipts $18466.59,
Approval of Bills Loretta moved to approve the financials, Kathy seconded. Bills approved.
Report of the Director
- Maintenance issues: Roof leak that has been leaking for a while which caused mold. Kim is getting an estimate on the repairs of both. Loretta moved to appropriate up to $5000 more to be able to remediate the mold in the attic. DeeDee 2nd the motion.
- All cloth chairs were cleaned, and carpet is next.
- Programming updates: Programing notes are attached to the minutes. Beanstack is now up and running.
- Microfilming of board minutes: We do have to have our minutes transferred to microfilm. It will cost $32.50.
- $15839 American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) grant from the state library was approved. We will purchase 5 laptops, 9 hotspots, 3 security cameras, a portable sound system and stand and wireless printing.
- Loretta moved to approve the resolution to authorize director signing on grant documents.
Committee Reports: No committee reports
Communications: No communication reports.
- Bond issue (tabled until Spring 2022)
- Policy updates: Kathy moved to accept the policy updates and Alicia seconded the motion. Motion passed.
- Election of President: We will elect a new president next month.
Public Input: No public input
Meeting was adjourned at 6:47