Board of Trustees
Regular Monthly Meeting Monday March 14, 2022
Call to Order: Loretta Sutherland, President, called the meeting to order at 6:02. Board members in attendance were Loretta Sutherland, Alicia Hollingsworth, Laura Glunt, Kathy Bray, Ruth Gerbig and Floyd Barker. Others in attendance were Kim Riley, the library director. Absent was member DeeDee Feeney.
Call for Quorum: Quorum was met as noted above.
Reading and Approval of Minutes: Minutes were read and approved as presented.
Reading and Approval of Financial Report: Receipts $20,043.93; Claims 22,801.95.
Approval of Bills: Kathy moved to approve the financial report, Ruth 2nd. Motion approved.
Report of the Director
- Maintenance issues – Camera is on order to replace the broken one in the Story time room. Funds to come out of gift fund.
- Programming updates – Programming will be attached to these minutes.
Bicentennial reading program has 53 participants. One child has completed the program and one is half way finished. Adult reading program had 33 participants with 18 completed. A total of 339 books were read. On March 16th we will have author Donna Cronk to come and speak to the book club. This is open to the public. Easter Bunny will be here Sat. April 9th from 9:30-11:30 for an inside easter egg hunt.
- Other – New copier: is installed
– Collection Development policy was reviewed. Laura made a motion to
approve the policy. Floyd 2nd the motion. Motion approved.
– Hoopla: tabled for more research
Committee Reports: None
- Bond issue –On February 23rd Loretta, Kim, and a representative from Ice/Miller had a meeting with Baker/Tilly about the steps that need to be taken in order to re-bond. We need to begin with a plan of how we will use this money. We need to decide on an architect that we will use. Two architects were interviewed and Kim will contact both to come to our meetings in April and May (one each month) to speak to the full board. A decision will be made after the May meeting on who we will be using. We will then get back with Ice Miller for the next steps.
- Land – Melissa from Four Star met with Loretta and Kim regarding the possible land purchased next door. Floyd made a motion to pursue this acquisition and it was 2nd by Laura. Motion passed. Kim will contact our lawyer, Anne Poindexter for the next steps.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:20.