Board of Trustees Meeting
Monday, July 13, 2020
The Board of Trustees met at 5pm in Executive Session to review applications for the Executive Director position. Those in attendance were: Loretta Sutherland, Ruth Gerbig, Matt Lensiegne, Laura Glunt, Jill Cali and Kathy Bray. Absent was DeeDee Feeney. Lindsay Spencer, staff representative, was also present. Meeting adjourned at 5:40pm.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
Call to Order. The meeting was called to order at 6:15 by Loretta Sutherland. Other board members present were Ruth Gerbig, Matt Lensiegne, Laura Glunt, Kathy Bray and Jill Cali. Others in attendance were Kim Riley, interim library director. Absent was DeeDee Feeney, and ACTS member Cassidy Felger.
Call for Quorum. A quorum was achieved, with attendance as noted above.
Reading and Approval of Minutes. The minutes of the June 2020 Board of Trustees meeting were reviewed and approved as written.
Reading and of the Financial Report. Matt reported receipts of $91,544.96 and expenditures of $15,623.90.
Approval of the Bills. After review, Jill moved and Kathy seconded a motion to approve the financial report and the approval of the bills. The motion passed.
Interim Director’s Report.
- Maintenance issues – Landscaping has been completed out front by Jerry Donaldson. Concerns were raised with the lawn care. Kim will discuss issues with Matthew Barrick.
2) Programing –
- 20 have registered and 15 have logged books for our online summer reading program. Take home crafts are being well received.
- We will have a virtual magician on July 15th as part of the summer reading.
- Lindsay is still putting out weekly virtual story times on Fridays.
- Blood Drive took place in the Community Room on June 25th. 21 people were registered, 17 units were collected impacting 51 Hoosiers.
- Euchre club will start back in August.
- Still waiting to hear from the Sheridan Readers when they will start back up.
- Kim has received her temporary certification for the interim position. She has registered for the “Youth Services 101” class this fall to complete her LC4 certification. Kim has applied for a Racial Equity Collection Development grant from the Lilly Endowment.
- 2012 Budget – Kim’s workshop is on July 27th. The growth quotient is 4.2%. A resolution to reduce the 2020 budget to fund the 2021 budget by $61,884.00 for Operating, $2,400.00 for LIRF and $20,000.00 for Rainy Day fund was made by Ruth and seconded by Matt. Resolution was approved.
Committee Reports. None presented for review
Communications. None presented for review
- Evergreen migration has started. The staff has completed 5% of our catalog.
- Director search – The board will interview four candidates. Lindsay will set up the interviews for Aug. 1st with a backup date of Aug. 10th. Patty will be asked to sit in as a staff representative.
New Business. Kim will continue to work on making sure all policies are up to date.
Old Business. Policy updates:
- Community room policy – was reviewed. Changes were made and Kim will update and bring to next month’s meeting.
- Criminal History check – motion to accept was made by Matt and seconded by Jill. Motion carried.
- Declaration of Fiscal Body – motion was made by Jill and seconded by Laura to declare the Hamilton County Council as our fiscal body for any required binding review of our budget. Motion carried.
- Communicable Disease Policy – motion to accept by Jill and seconded by Kathy. Motion carried.
New Business. None
Public Input. No public input presented
Adjournment. Loretta Sutherland adjourned at 7:22.
Next Board Meeting: Monday, August 10, 2020