Board of Trustees Meeting
Monday, August 10, 2020
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
Call to Order. The meeting was called to order at 6:00 by Loretta Sutherland. Other board members present were DeeDee Feeney, Matt Lensiegne, Laura Glunt, Kathy Bray and Jill Cali. Others in attendance were Kim Riley, the interim library director. Absent was Ruth Gerbig and ACTS member Cassidy Felger.
Call for Quorum. A quorum was achieved, with attendance as noted above.
Reading and Approval of Minutes. The minutes of the July 2020 Board of Trustees meeting were reviewed and approved as written.
Reading and of the Financial Report. Matt reported receipts of $28,193.88 and expenditures of $97,803.63
Approval of the Bills. After review, Jill moved, and Matt seconded a motion to approve the financial report and the approval of the bills. The motion passed.
Interim Director’s Report.
- Maintenance issues – Weeds in parking lot were taken care of and looks good.
- Programing – Summer reading is over; 20 registered, 12 completed.
- Blood Drive scheduled for August 25th. We need lots to sign up.
- 2021 Budget – Reviewed budget. Public hearing will be Sept. 14th and adoption will be October 12th.
- Discussed hiring a program director, but Kim needs to crunch the numbers to see what she can offer.
- Grant – We received the Racial Equity Collection Development Grant of $1000.
Committee Reports. None presented for review
Communications. None presented for review
- Movie licensing/Audio Visual- tabled
- Text Messaging- Tabled until we get into Evergreen
- Evergreen-migration in process- 14% – August 25th will be a cataloging party with the library closed.
- IT contracts – sent letter to AVC that we are no longer using AVC effective Dec. 31, 2020.
- Bond issue tabled until Fall of 2022
- Loretta Sutherland read the offer made to Kim Riley. Jill motioned and Matt seconded to approve Kim Riley as the new library director. Motion approved. Kim Riley is our new Library Director!
Old Business. Policy updates:
- Community room policy –Changes were made by Kim and read by the board. Kathy motioned to approve changes and Lora seconded. Motion carried.
New Business. Jill motioned to join the Indiana State Library Consortium for E-Rate, Kathy seconded. Motioned carried.
Public Input. No public input presented
Adjournment. Loretta Sutherland adjourned at 6:35.
Next Board Meeting: Monday, Sept. 12, 2020