As libraries phase in services, the library experience will be different for staff, residents, and community partners than in pre-COVID-19 times. While we will be moving forward with our services it will take time for all to adjust and plan for our future. Healthy and safety of our staff and patrons is our number one concern.
* Staffing – Library staff is our most valuable resource. During the next two weeks, Staff will begin returning to the library while other staff members cannot. We will be following guidance from the CDC and new processes will be put into place. Staff will work in shifts to limit contact, we will wear mask, and for some activities gloves. While we may look different, we are still the same friendly staff eager to serve each of our patrons.
At this time the library will remain closed, but starting May 18th – will offer curbside service. The bookdrop is open.
Please be patient with us and give us time to adjust to this new normal. We look forward to serving Adams Township and Sheridan Community School students once again!
Starts Monday May 18th
- Curbside service will be offered Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday’s from 11am-5:30pm.
- On Wednesday and Friday’s it will be offered from 11am-4:30pm
- Patrons can call us (317-758-5201), email email@example.com, (or place a hold on books already checked out via our website). We will let them know at the time of the request what day their books will be available. There is a 10 item limit per library card per day.
- When a patron arrives, they will pull up to the circle, call the library and let us know they are here. Staff will then check out the books, sack them and set on a table outside the building (weather permitting). The patron can at that time, get out of their cars, pick up the books, and return any items in the book drop.
- Book drop is now open
103 W 1ST ST. SHERIDAN, IN 46069
MONDAY – THURS – 10AM – 7:00PM
FRIDAY – 10AM – 5:30PM
SATURDAY – 9:00AM – 1:00PM
SUNDAY – CLOSED
Sheridan Public Library welcomes new or existing residents of Adams Township in Hamilton County. Your library card will be issued at the Circulation Desk located at the library. Be sure to bring a valid photo ID and/or a document recently issued to verify your current address. (examples: billing, statements ) Your new card will gain access to our Digital Library, as well as material available at our library. The card will also allow you to check out materials at all Hamilton County Library locations.
A Non-Resident Card is available for a fee of $85.00 a year (Non-Served Residents must pay the non-resident fee to be eligible to purchase PLAC for $65.00 a year.)
Marion Township Students of Sheridan Community Schools may now obtain a no fee library card. Card may only be used by student.
**During the closure due to COVID-19, Adams Township residents in need of obtaining a library card may email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit name, address and phone number included in email and a temporary card will be issued.
For any additional questions, feel free to contact us at 317-758-5201
- FREE PUBLIC INTERNET ACCESS (To be eligible to use the public access computer you must have a signed policy form located at the circulation desk. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must sign for you.)
- COPIES: Color=$0.25 per copy Black/White=$0.10 per copy. The library staff makes the copies for the patrons.
- FAXING: $1.00 for each long distance page sent, or $0.10 per page for local or toll free faxes. All incoming faxes are 10 cents a page.
- LAMINATING: $0.25 for small items, $0.50 for half sheets and $1.00 for full size sheets. Please see Librarian for this service
- INTER-LIBRARY LOAN is an available service to our library patrons. To make an inter-library loan request, ask a Librarian for assistance; the librarians fill out the necessary forms for the patrons. Our courier delivers and picks-up materials every Thursday and once requested materials are available, phone calls are made to the patrons that requested them.